dilluns, de juliol 04, 2005

Pizza on the Grill

Pizza Margherita


We made a pizza margherita for dinner last night, complete with fresh basil from our own herb garden. We found that cooking it on the grill makes the crust extra-crisp (and doesn't overheat the apt on hot summer days).

I first had a true pizza margherita when I was on study abroad, in France at Della Stella's. Once I ordered a variation of it called "the cyclops" which was just a one egg right in the center, like the eye of the mythical beast. I later found out that this is a preferred pizza topping in Spain. My friend Luis, who lives in the U.S. now, often cracks an egg onto any frozen pizza he makes.

Btw, sorry if the color is a bit off; I think the hot pink mat it is sitting on wasn't the best background choice.

1 Comments:

At 9:33 p. m., de juliol 05, 2005, Blogger Corgimom said...

So, do you want to do some sort of cooperative living thing- like all of us sharing our cooking together? Your pizza looks marvelous! On the grill- we'll have to try that.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home