dimarts, de juliol 05, 2005

Making a Decent Cup

I finally picked some chamomile and made tea. It was a festive day and I figured it was a good time to try out the completely homemade tea. I picked the flowers, got about a heaping teaspoon, and poured about a cup of boiling water over them in my teapot and let them steep a long time.

As an aside, the Spanish word for chamomile is "manzanilla" which means "little apple." When drinking chamomile, I could detect a very faint appley flavor but when I picked the blossoms, I finally fully grasped the concept; they had a fragrance like slightly unripened green apples and it was really nice. The strong appley flavored mellowed in the tea, but at least I had some closure on the little apple deal, being a language nerd and all.

I had the tea which was a little weak but the color was nice. I think next time I will use more flowers. Apparently they grow back when you harvest them. Right now it's morning so I'm off for some Earl Grey which I definitely did not grow myself!

1 Comments:

At 7:17 p. m., de juliol 05, 2005, Blogger Elizabeth said...

You mean you didn't harvest it from Earl himself? I'm disappointed.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home