diumenge, de setembre 25, 2005

Fall Weekend

On Friday, we went up to my parents' to visit since we hadn't been there in awhile. Although they are only about an hour and a half north of us, it felt more fall-like up there and I could even spot bright red leaves on the ground (but not really on the trees so much).




Sean and Angie were also visiting my parents so on Friday night, we went out for a fish fry at a local dive bar. The service was really friendly, in spite of my brother's open criticism of what they had on tap (a typical Sean-move, and not delivered with any sort of malevolence).

On Saturday, Austin, my mom, and I went to The Potters Shed and Brickyard Pottery, two fabulous gems in the middle of the northwoods. It was cool out and rainy slightly so it was even more fun to be in the cozy, artsy shops. Austin and I restrained ourselves from making any purchases, helped by the fact that my mom told us to mention things we might like for Christmas :)

Anyway, it was a very relaxing weekend and I love the feeling that fall is about to burst into its peak any day now . I am still waiting to pick up a pumpkin or two for the front steps; Austin is reminding me that the sooner I get one, the sooner it might turn into pumpkin mush and we don't want that to happen before the trick-or-treaters show up. I've also been burning pumpkin spice yankee melts at home and also simmered some apple cider on the stove last night.

1 Comments:

At 10:13 a. m., de setembre 25, 2005, Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oooooo, fall! I love fall colors, and only like 10% of the trees change here. Not very fall-like at all.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home