divendres, de setembre 30, 2005

Mad Scientist Project: The Sunrise Machine

I've been having some trouble waking up when it's so dark out. At our old place, we put a lamp on a timer in a different room and slept with the bedroom door open. That provided just enough light to gently wake me up (I just hate being in a deep, dreamy sleep when the alarm goes off). In our new place, we don't have a set up like that. For the moment, we have a lamp in our bedroom set on a timer. I put a pink light bulb in it so it isn't as bright, although that kind of gives that charming French brothel look to everything.

Austin, being the engineer that he is, always likes to come up with better solutions. He is currently building me a sunrise machine using the computer to program the lamp to slowly, second by second, increase it's brightness. It's really cool and I can't wait to test it out. You can buy similar devices on the internet, that claim to have the same color and type of light as the sun, but I'm more interested in the gradual increase in light, not proving science. Also, those lamps start at $200.

1 Comments:

At 4:27 p. m., d’octubre 19, 2005, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

That is the coolest idea ever!

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home