dijous, d’octubre 20, 2005

Back Again

My recent lapse in posting was caused by an annoying cold; it's that time of year again. I ended up losing my voice which presents an occupational challenge for a Spanish teacher. Anyway, this meant that I mostly had my students doing packets and worksheets so now that I'm feeling better, I'm scrambling to catch up and do everything else that I wanted. Oh well, it'll all shake out eventually.

Tomorrow my friend LeeAnne will be visiting and we're going to a really cool floral/gift shop for a class called something like "Feathering Your Nest, Decorating on a Budget for 20-somethings." The title was really intriguing, not to mention I love all the stuff in this little shop. I called Avalon to register at a cost of $15, mostly to defer wine costs, I was told. Sounds like my kinda deal! Even if I don't learn much (which I hope to), hanging out in a really cool setting, sipping wine and eating hors d'oeuvres doesn't sound like a bad way to spend a Friday.

On Saturday, Austin and I will be spending some time at his parents' house since his brother will be in town. Nick is a pilot so his schedule is sporadic to say the least. Whenever he's in town, then, we like to hang out with him.

It'll be a good weekend but I'm already finding almost every weekend booked up into... December. Yikes. Also, A & I will be hosting Thanksgiving this year now that we have the space and are really excited to do so but I think that will be an adventure in itself!

Here are some pictures shamelessly harvested from the Avalon's site.