divendres, de juny 30, 2006

Home for a Weekend

This week has flown by; I've been taking a long walk every morning and trying to organize life. Besides cleaning the house (which was where we got ready for the wedding, threw everything together for the trip, and dumped wedding gifts), I had lots to do to get Austin set up on my benefits and as my beneficiary for any other financial stuff. Progress is being made, though.

Today I'm really being the classic 50's housewife and reorganizing closets and areas of massive clutter. Yes, my life is glamorous and exciting. But it's the kinda thing that I always wish was done but never had time for. Well, at the moment I'm not teaching so why not? Yesterday I brought three bags of clothes to Goodwill and I've already got a few more things accumulating. There is something that feels so freeing about getting rid of The Stuff and making our lives a little cleaner and more organized. We never really unpacked well when we moved in since we didn't have plans to stay long but now, even if we move next year, it seems like the time to deal with The Stuff. Cleaning the house can clean the mind, didn't the Buddha say that?

We have no travel plans this weekend and that also feels good. Tonight we're having some friends over for "Good Wine Night." We're talking a $45 bottle of Pinot Noir, oh yeah! Their visit was also part of what inspired me to clean up, particularly since the guest room bed was covered with travel gear and floor stacked with some gifts. Austin is going to a LAN party on Saturday and I'm having a night all to myself since I do have that introvert quality. Sunday my parents are visiting. It'll be the right amount of social time and alone time, fabulous.

2 Comments:

At 11:08 a. m., de juny 30, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I love getting rid of stuff. LOVE IT. I looked at the Flylady stuff once nad thought about doing it, but then I realized it was more for people who collect Stuff.

 
At 4:26 p. m., de juny 30, 2006, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

Almost every day for the last 6 months, I've thought to myself, "Self, you should really clean out your closets and throw most of that stuff away." It doesn't help that I watch Clean Sweep and Mission: Organization every other day.

Hi, my name is Ryan, and I'm a 50's housewife!

Of course, I have yet to actually clean the closests, but I know exactly what you mean about getting rid of stuff. Purging (not the bulimia kind) is AWESOME. :^D

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home