dissabte, de juliol 15, 2006

Thank Goddess for Central Air

Back in my hometown, people often ask "hot enough for ya?" as a means of small talk in the summer. Our predicted high today is 101 with the same temp for tomorrow and Monday. Then on Tuesday there will allegedly be a frosty dip of ten degrees down to 92, sweet relief, ha! Anyway, Austin and I are laying low and hanging out inside most of today. As he remarked, one almost feels guilty seeing the drenching of sunshine and the soft breeze moving through the trees yet still deciding to stay inside and laze about. That's the plan, though, because 100+ degrees is just not reasonable.

Here's a summery picture of a morning glory flower; I am especially pleased that I grew it from seed although it didn't really require skill. The packet said "do not eat" and I later discovered that eating morning glory seeds can produce hallucenogenic results. Too bad I missed out on that.