dijous, d’abril 05, 2007

Easter Plans

Tomorrow I don't have class but I will be doing a teeny amount of work from home. Then I'm spending the day doing whatever I want since my spring break wasn't entirely break-y, it was more work-y. After Austin is home from work, we are heading to Madison for the weekend.

We will spend Friday night and Saturday day with his mom and her husband. My mother-in-law is a graphic designer so I'm going to have her help me design and perhaps purchase the supplies to make wedding invitations for a friend. Since she lost her first husband, she wants her second wedding to be a totally different experience and each girlfriend is contributing to an element of the wedding rather than getting her another toaster or crockpot. I had a lot of fun designing my wedding invitations so it's cool to be able to do it again and in a different way as my gift to Sharon.

Saturday night we will have our Easter/Pagan Spring Type Holiday meal at my sister and brother-in-law's house. Austin and I are bringing dessert and I'm thinking of doing a tarte au citron. In fact, Austin liked it so much that he was experimenting with the plating of the tarte. He pureed some raspberries, pressed them through a sieve, and used a squeeze bottle to create different plate designs. Unless some lightning bolt of inspiration zaps me tomorrow, that is our plan.

It should be a nice weekend even if the weather is reminiscent of late November. Hanging with the fam (both sides) and having good food always helps brighten the days and warm the nights.

Etiquetes de comentaris: , , ,