divendres, de novembre 04, 2005

Lovely Leeks

Last night, I made leek soup for dinner. My mom had sent me a recipe that I kind of modified and it resulted with good results. I had never worked with actual leeks before, even though I think leek soup is one of the best fall/winter soups ever. I don't know why I was intimidated by leeks but in any case, I'm over that now.

I chopped the leeks pretty finely, sauteed them in a little olive oil, then added some broth, potatoes, and salt and pepper. I let that simmer until everything was soft, then got out the immersion blender (last year's xmas gift and a great tool for all the soups we make) to turn everything into a pea soup mixture. Then I added some cream cheese and voilà , perfect leek soup that no longer was neon pea colored. We had it with Dakota Bread from Great Harvest and thoroughly enjoyed the meal, inducting it into our rotating list of weekday meals. The only modification I might do next time is to try sour cream instead of cream cheese but other than that, it's definitely going to be a staple at the Lunderoy Household.

I will also be doing more cooking this weekend. My friend Julie is visiting for a power-weekend of writing papers for our assorted classes. I think for dinner on Saturday, I'll do ShrimpMontereyy and Julie just might be my test subject for the pumpkin flan I have been thinking about as an alternative to Thanksgiving pumpkin pie. Results may be posted if anythingnotablee occurs.

1 Comments:

At 4:57 p. m., de novembre 09, 2005, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

So you have a picture of a leek?

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home