divendres, de gener 05, 2007

What I've Been Up To

It's taken me awhile to post the NYE dinner info because I've been working on some career-related stuff (bo-ring!). I had to take a test and have been studying for that and finally took it yesterday. I have one more to go so there is more studying to be done, in addition to preparing my materials for spring semester. We will be in Mexico during my last few days off and will return the night before the first day of class so I'm going to have to get a lot wrapped up in the next week or so.

I've also had the plan of culling more junk from closets and storage areas; so far the only success I've had was to get rid of our fake tree but, in terms of volume, it was helpful and it got a new home with children to love it. Or something.

Today I'm going to be a "stay at home non-mom" (thanks, Bad Z, for that awesome term) and clean and organize. Things always get a little scary when both Austin and I are busy with big projects.

Normally on Fridays, we do something lazy for dinner because we are both tired but since I got a test out of the way and just got a new Cooking Light magazine, I am inspired to make something nice. I think we are going to celebrate the fact that there is no holiday falling on the weekend for the first time since November. So many things in this issue look good so I told Austin that it will be a Cultural Journey. Right now I'm thinking the Argentine Black Bean Flatbread with Chimichurri Drizzle and the Chunky Red Dal Soup.

1 Comments:

At 10:20 a. m., de gener 05, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's from this Saturday Night Live skit where they are making fun of people with Botox.

SNL transcript

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home