dimarts, de desembre 12, 2006

One More Week

Our weekend was quite busy with the two family weddings, as I mentioned. Sean and Angie got the paperwork out of the way so we can look forward to the Cancun event in January. Austin's mom also got married and had a really cool ceremony. Dinner was catered in and the officiant wove the ceremony through the courses, beginning with a reading about feasts. It was such a unique and intimate way to conduct a ceremony and it was exactly what the couple wanted. The food was wonderful-- very eclectic with everything from sushi to Tibetan dumplings to chicken satay. Dessert was excellent vanilla ice cream and truffles.

We got home later than expected so very little was accomplished after our drive back other than some work on a final paper for my SLA class. Yesterday I was at work/class from 7:30am-8:30pm; Mondays are always so long but after a weekend out of town, it felt longer. Today I don't have class but have students coming to my office for their oral final and other assorted end-of-semester goodness.

I plan on leaving earlyish today so I can go home and get a few things done, both the boring household stuff and a little holiday decorating. I'll undoubtedly be doing some additional correcting at home but it's always easier when I can sit at my kitchen table and be in my own (recently cleaned) space.

That's the brief recap. There's just a week of classes left and then the finals, both the one I have to take (next Monday) and the ones I administer (next Friday). The end is in sight!

1 Comments:

At 5:42 p. m., de desembre 12, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

AMEN SISTER! I can't wait for vacay.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home