dijous, de desembre 21, 2006

Rainy December Days

It rained almost all day today and the last time I checked, it was still raining but the water was starting to freeze on surfaces. Some local schools closed early today and I came home from the office around 3:00 since I was done with student appointments. The trees were starting to turn white from the water and slush; I think it's so beautiful when the branches are encased in ice but I know it's bad news in a lot of ways too. Here's what our shrubs looked like when I arrived home.

Ice on branches

Icy Branches

Besides the icy branches, I found a package of Adagio Tea waiting for me. I had ordered the holiday sampler because I was running low on seasonal tea due to studying for my SLA class. So far I've tried the chestnut tea and it didn't disappoint. Now I'm going to sit down to a stack of compositions so I can have all my grading done until the finals tomorrow.

Finals = Tea + Grading

Austin bought me the gerbera daisies on Monday so they were waiting when I got home from my final exam. They are very bright and summery, a nice contrast to the icy weather today on the winter solstice.