dimecres, de febrer 07, 2007

Freezing in February

I've been bad about posting lately, partly due to a mental block in that I don't want to bump down the Cancun post. When we took our vacation, the "permanent" winter snow had only just arrived and the temperatures were quite mild. It wasn't an 80 degree heatwave, but it wasn't bitter either.

Then we returned.

The weather has been painfully cold here and all schools in approximately the entire NW part of our state were closed on Monday since it was about twenty below zero with a wind chill of 30 below. I, of course, had to work but luckily all of my brave students showed up for their exam on the frigid Monday after the Super Bowl, ay de mí!

In addition to the weather, there's been the usual beginning-of-semester stuff going on. Besides administrative tasks, it's difficult to teach when I'm still not sure of the names of my 100+ students nor of their abilities.

Finally, Austin and I are planning some rather significant life events (NOT children) and while the changes are all positive, there is still some associated stress that I am trying to keep at a reasonable level.

This post sounds kind of complain-y but the reality is that things are going along just fine. Austin and I are looking forward to a plan-free weekend so I'm expecting that a cozy weekend in will be just the thing.

Etiquetes de comentaris: