diumenge, de gener 07, 2007

Friday Dinner

On Friday, as promised, I made Austin dinner that I had called a "Cultural Journey" because the recipes were loosely based on Argentinian and Indian cuisine. Everything lived up to the "make again" challenge and the only thing that went wrong was that the flatbread wasn't entirely flat. I was happy that the dough turned out and rose since I'm not a very experienced baker but I think it actually rose too much (or wasn't punched down enough?). It was sort of like a medium to thick crust pizza. The toppings, however, were lovely, and I roasted my own pepper instead of buying a jar of the pre-done ones.

Flatbread

Black Bean Flatbread with Chimichurri Sauce

The Dal Soup was also good. Originally, I wanted the flatbread done first to munch on for a bit and then move on to the soup but they sort of got done at the same time. We topped it with chopped cilantro and sour cream.

Dal Soup

Even though I've been keeping busy over break, it's nice to have the time to do some cooking. The next thing I want to try is a Tarte au Citron.