dissabte, de març 11, 2006

Louisianne's, Etc.

While in Madison visiting my sister and her husband, Austin and I had to get back to Louisianne's. Louisianne's is located downtown Middleton, WI and at this point, is our all-time favorite restaurant in the whole world. How nice that it's located in Wisconsin! Anyway, every time we go there, conversation is practically non-existent because all we do is take a bite then ooooh and ahhh. I took a few pictures of our food although by the time dessert came around (white chocolate torte), we completely forgot about the camera and just dove in.

The first appetizer we had were some little crab puffs that were to die for. The picture didn't turn out but I did get one of the crawfish cheesecake which we spread on perfectly crisp-chewy baguette slices.



After the appetizers, we were given a choice of soup or salad and all opted for the shrimp-corn chowder that had just the right amount of zingyness. It also had a spice that I associated with Ethiopian food but unfortunately neither I nor the waiter could place it.



When we finally made our way to the entrees, they arrived in all their glory. I had swordfish topped with crawfish meat and glazed with a ginger-something reduction. On the side were the best garlic-basil mashed potatoes I've ever had. I wanted to avoid them because they were "filler" but it was impossible. I can't remember the rest of the long, poetic description the waiter gave me so I'll just let the photo speak for itself:



Austin had a surf and turn combo that included a lobster tail and a pork tenderloin on a bed of vegetable slaw and dressed with a flavorful sauce with hints of apples. Austin reported that the tenderloin was like butter and could be cut with a fork.



By the end of the entrees, we were all beyond full and the idea of dessert seemed out of the question but Austin urged the four of us to share. The white chocolate torte was indeed outstanding, so much so that it escaped being photographed. Having the appetizers, chowder, entrees, wine, and dessert was an exercise in hedonism but we only do it once or twice a year and it is so, so worth it.