dijous, d’abril 20, 2006

Happy Birthday, Joan

Besides being 4-20 today (duuuude), it's the anniversary of Joan Miró's birthday. He's the crazy Catalan painter and his name is pronounced "Zho-ahn," fyi. Anyway, we'll be seeing lots of his work in Barcelona like the huge mosaic at the top of the Ramblas. You can also see the Miró-inspired masthead on Google today too; how kind of them to think of Joan.



In keeping with the art theme of the day, I heard a woman on NPR this morning describing the only painting she ever wanted to be in (Renoir's "The Boater's Luncheon"). I've wanted to be in lots of paintings but off the top of my head, the first painting I wanted to be in was when I was in middle school and it's "Christina's World" by Andrew Wyeth.



Today I would like to be in Van Gogh's "Cafe Terrace at Night." I know it's a very common painting but it looks like a really nice place to be.

1 Comments:

At 5:21 p. m., d’abril 20, 2006, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

Art!

I don't think I know the name of any painting anywhere off the top of my head. :^\

The comment-verification word for this post was: upyarcel

"Arrrghhhh... Up Yar Cell!" says The Pirate.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home