divendres, de març 24, 2006

Last Official Day of Spring Break

For Spring Break, I've been home and loving it. I had ideas of getting lots of things done and I did in a way, but not all the stuff I had planned on. For example, I was going to address all the invitations but that just didnt happen. I did, however, grade 40 compositions on Wednesday. Normally that is the kind of thing I am starting on a Sunday night. In addition to the comps, I also did some general wedding planning and errand running. There is still a lot I haven't done but to list it here would be depressing.

Today I'm going to do a bit more grading and then I'm going shopping with my brother's girlfriend to help her look for a dress for the wedding. I'm also going to shop for some hostess gifts since I have my first shower tomorrow and there are four women hosting it!

This afternoon and much of tomorrow will be busy which leaves me with the dreaded Sunday Night. I always hate Sundays because there is so much to get ready for the week and even though it isn't technically a workday, it feels worky. As a kid, I remember my mom always saying how she hated Sundays and I couldn't figure out why, it was still the weekend. But now I know. Even my brother suffers from a case of The Sundays; he sleeps badly without fail every Sunday night but is fine the rest of the week. This is my motivation for wrapping up as many loose ends as possible today because the Sunday after a vacation is even worse than a normal Sunday.

On a better note, this week off has been great and I feel so much better about a lot of small things that were troubling me (mostly wedding details, surprise). I feel relaxed and calm. And excited, we bought our honeymoon tickets and are going to Europe for a few weeks. Probably doing Paris-Bourdeaux-Barcelona, now that is something to look forward to!

2 Comments:

At 2:22 p. m., de març 24, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I gave stationary with pretty dried/pressed flowers on it as hostess gifts. It's a little hard to pick out something that everyone will like, ya know?

Also, SPRING BREAK, WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 
At 1:26 a. m., de març 25, 2006, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

You're totally freaking me out because today is FRIDAY.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home