dimecres, de maig 24, 2006

The Bachelorette

Now that I am done with classes, I have more time to blog and the race between RJN and Bad Z to comment will be awesome!

Anyway, Saturday was the bachelorette party and shower with my closest girlfriends. I always get a little anxious before an event centered on me so I wasn't sure how this would go but it turned out to be outstanding! I wanted a Spanish Tapas theme (the "topless" jokes never got old) so I made a tortilla española and some flan the night before. My amazing friend LeeAnne put together a beautiful paella and made pa amb tomaquet. We also had cheese and crackers, olives (ick), and other munchies.

The highlight of the party was the wine expert, a former student of mine, who taught us how to to taste wine and more about it's history, how it's made, etc. He was absolutely outstanding and the party great louder as the tasting went on. Then he had us make our own rosé blends and did a blind tasting, writing up hilarious comments about what he tasted. Everything went better than I had ever imagined and there are some wonderful memories from the event.

2 Comments:

At 2:03 p. m., de maig 24, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! bAcHeLoReTTe!!!! I'm so sad that I missed this. :( Boo hoo. But I'm glad you guys had such a rockin' good time. The wine session sounded SO cool!

 
At 3:53 a. m., de maig 27, 2006, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TOPLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!









Did you really expect anything else from me? ;^)

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home