divendres, d’octubre 20, 2006

He Is My Sunshine

I hate waking up at 6:00ish right now because it's completely dark and feels like it could be 3:00am. Austin, in trying to "provide a technology-based solution," bought a device that plugs into an outlet and controls electric current. He then programmed it using the accompanying software and set it to allow the lightbulb in the lamp to increase in wattage by X% every 10 seconds in effort to create a sort of sunrise. We had previously tried a lamp on a timer but it snapped on just as harsh as an alarm clock, even with a 25 watt pink bulb that gave our bedroom a lovely brothel-esque glow. The electric sunrise has been in effect for two mornings now and I like it but both times, I have already been stirring a bit. The true test will come when I'm deep asleep.

As for the weekend plans, this evening I'm having wine and cheese with some colleagues/friends and we're discussing the need of K-12 teaching licenses for those with advanced degrees. They're a fun group so I'm expecting much delightful veering off topic.

There are no other scheduled plans for the rest of the weekend although we have lots to do. We are still tackling the monsters in the storage rooms using new shelving and rubbermaid bins. I have lots of prep work to do for my Second Language Acquisition midterm. I am also considering attending a workshop on Differentiated Instruction. The last task that comes to mind is that I need to upload some wedding photos to flickr and order some prints for us and for the grandmas (next weekend, we celebrate "Fake Xmas" before Gramma Bev heads to Arizona for the winter).

For fun, there might be the usual cooking and wine drinking. With the cool weather, I am also feeling the urge to bake although I haven't been inspired enough by a particular baked good to want to make it. I'm more of a dinner chef, not so much a baker. Any suggestions?