dimarts, d’octubre 10, 2006

Tempus Fugit

I just wrote a huge post that got eaten by the interweb, ugh! Anyway, I will attempt to recreate.

This past weekend, we went to Madison to visit Austin’s mom and my sister. We left work on Friday around 3pm though I nearly was late because I was obsessing over a lesson plan for my Monday observation. We ended up heading out of town around 4pm and got to my sister’s around 7-something, ready to have some “interesting pizza” for dinner. It seemed that all of Madison had the same idea, however, so after too many waiting lists, we ordered a pizza margherita with ricotta and picked up some Rioja. Austin and I got to his mom’s around 10pm and pretty much crashed.

Saturday was a busy day. We went to the lovely farmers market near the capitol building and drooled over the amazing produce, flowers, and products. We had an impromptu picnic on the lush, green capitol lawn and then finished our shopping. I scored some pear jam, dilly beans, and gorgeous leeks. I was also able to cast a big ol’ practice ballot to vote NO against the proposed amendment that would define marriage as a hetero-only privilege. Boo!

After the produce-n-politicking, we headed to a teacher store where I found an adorable Thanksgiving book and some materials to use with the hellacious four year olds. Then it was off to the bridal store to try on the bridesmaid dress for a wedding I will be in in September. They didn’t have my size so I didn’t get the full effect which was a bummer so in consolation, we went wine shopping. We got a jammy Argentinian Malbec and something else a little challenging that I can’t remember right now.

Then it was time for the pièce de resistance, dinner at Louisianne’s, The Best Restaurant in the World. As usual, we were not disappointed and thoroughly enjoyed the hedonistic experience. After a decadent meal, some French martinis, and wine, we went to bed early and slept in late.

Sunday we were a little behind schedule but had a nice drive home. We stopped at Humbird Cheese and tried 10 year old extra sharp cheddar, potent stuff! We ended up buying the 3 year old version and some garlic-herb brie.

Once at home, we made a Target run and then Austin did laundry while I went into work for a few hours. It was a busy Sunday but there was much satisfaction in actually Getting Stuff Done.

Mondays are always my long days. Yesterday, I hung out with the hellacious four year olds (H4YO’s) in the morning, taught all of my classes and was observed, then headed to my three hour SLA class.

Luckily today is my prep day, then tomorrow I’m moderating a roundtable discussion for Latin American Week, and Friday we’re going to an art gallery showing that includes a jewelry collection by my friend and colleague. After that, it’s a full weekend at home, woo hoo! I think there will be some decorating for Halloween and other autumnal rituals.

That’s the big update, photos coming soon.

2 Comments:

At 5:01 p. m., d’octubre 11, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

that cheese sounds good.

Did the H4YOs like the new stuff?

P.S. LOST

 
At 6:45 p. m., d’octubre 13, 2006, Blogger Corgimom said...

we are on our way to DH's house- see ya there?!

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home