dilluns, de setembre 04, 2006

Labor Day Fiesta

Nothing says Labor Day Weekend, the traditional end to summer, like a Mexican Fiesta. Austin and I figured we'd give it a shot, see which of our friends were around, and end our summer with tacos and margaritas.



We had an interesting mix of people show up and few were from the same circle. I wish Austin and I could have mingled more but there was lots going on with the food and margaritas. Fortunately, a mojito expert came in and shouldered that responsiblity. Thanks, CorgiMom!

Oh, and we have to thank the CorgiParents for also bringing us one of the coolest wedding gifts we got. Not only was it completely our style, but it also fit in with the general colorful theme of the evening.



This beautiful ceramic tray was purchased for us in France at Maisons du Monde. I wish I had known of this store before our last trip but I guess it means we just have to go back again soon.

Now we are just enjoying the day, hanging out at home and getting organized for the week. I'm looking forward to being back on the teaching schedule again. That and there are some other special projects that I am working on so it will be a busy but interesting semester. We'll see how long this productive attitude will last :-)