dimarts, d’octubre 31, 2006

Merry Christmas

On Friday after work, I went with Angie to go look for a dress for me to wear to her wedding. She and my brother have decided to have a ceremony on the beach in Cancun at a resort that they’ve been visiting for years. There will also be a reception in Wisconsin in February for family and friends to attend. Anyway, when we were looking at a few things, the clerk realized that Angie’s dress had come in early so I got to see that. Luckily we had brought along my veil which she was considering borrowing so we were able to see the two together and it was just perfect. I’m glad my veil will get to participate in another wedding and in Mexico, no less!

On Saturday, Austin and I and Sean and Angie all headed up to way-northern Wisconsin for what we call “Fake X-mas;” we give Gramma a big send off right before she heads to Arizona for the winter. This event brings together around 30 people so it can be a little overwhelming when you first arrive because everyone is talking on top of each other. In addition to X-mas, we also had a shower for Sean and Angie and it went really well. After the big par-tay, we went back to the hotel which had only six rooms so our whole family took it over that night. It was really homey and cute so it was fun to have all of us there.

Sunday morning, fully enjoying our extra hour, we went out to the “Covered Wagon” restaurant, a name that made some of us with the maturity level of a 13 year old snicker. The food was Perkins-like but it hit the spot and then we headed back home. It was a gorgeous fall day with bright blue skies, white clouds, and golden sunshine splashing on what yellow leaves were left.



At home, I mostly studied for my Second Language Acquisition midterm and got a few things organized for the week. Yesterday I had night class so it was a long day and work had been rather stressful but the night ended on a positive note when I learned that Austin had booked our trip to Mexico so we can be there to support our sibs. ¡Viva México!

1 Comments:

At 4:01 p. m., de novembre 03, 2006, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I expect a report in Spanish after the wedding.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home