dimarts, de febrer 20, 2007

Valentine's Day

I'm trying to catch up on the blog so there may be some random posts popping up over the next few days.

The first update-- Valentine's Day fell on a Wednesday this year which wasn't the most convenient but I don't have class on Thursdays so it worked out for me. Austin and I made king crab legs and roasted asparagus. The crab looked like it was trying to escape from the dish before we cooked it.

King Crab Legs

We sipped champagne and planned on having truffles and vanilla ice cream for dessert but ended up being too full so dessert got a rain check. We have still not made our way through all the chocolate yet but have had some of the dark chocolate ones, a dark chocolate and champagne one, and a white chocolate truffle that was filled with geranium oil. We still have dark chocolate with lavender essence and a dark chocolate- Grand Marnier to go. The Haagen-Dasz remains untouched, however. Such restraint.

I enjoyed "working" from home on Thursday though I wasn't as productive as I am when I go into the office. Still, it was a nice treat to myself in honor of V-day.

Etiquetes de comentaris: