dimarts, d’abril 17, 2007

Weekend

It's only Tuesday evening but it feels like the end of the week for some reason. This makes me feel like I'm late posting about the weekend but I guess it's not so bad. Anyway, I had a lot of cool things lined up for the weekend and it was a really fun time.

On Friday, Austin and I just hung out and enjoyed an evening in. We caught up on some TiVo-ed shows and were lazy.

Then on Saturday, I was off to see a couple of friends and catch up. First I met with my friend Kat from my grad school program (she and I took Women's Studies classes together). She is in the midst of writing her dissertation so we only met for a brief time at Caribou in Dinkytown but it was great because the last time we saw each other was at my wedding.

After that, I ran a few errands and then went to LeeAnne's surprise wedding shower. The theme was "little bites" so I chose to get petit fours for dessert which turned out really great (thanks, Lunds!) and the other attendees also provided an excellent spread from chicken satay to spanakopita to hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries. Most importantly, however, the guest of honor was very surprised and had a wonderful time. It was nice to get the event in a little early before she gets too busy with the planning for her July 7 wedding.

leeanne 014

That night, I made my way to visit Bad Z and fam. I got there kinda late so Bad Z and I had a little wine and talked before turning in. The next day, we had brunch at Caffe Latte and walked around Grand Avenue in St. Paul, shopping for spices, door knobs, children's books en français, etc. We had a lovely visit and have another big adventure on the calendar for June.

Now this week is underway and I'm bogged down with the subjunctive in adverbial clauses at work, díos mío!

Etiquetes de comentaris: