dijous, de maig 24, 2007

Art Shopping

Today is a rainy, cool day that reminds me of Seattle. In fact, I went to Starbucks and had them make me the "London Fog" drink that a barrista in Seattle got me hooked on (and going to a free-standing Starbucks rather than the one I usually go to inside of Target made a big difference). Anyway, after that, my friend and I went shopping for a wedding gift for our colleague. We went to a little studio that is tucked out of the way and we found the perfect gift for a Spanish Professor: a charming sculpture of Don Quijote. It was an easy decision but we stayed for a long time, admiring all the other cool pieces and chatting with the owner. It was also nice and warm in the studio since he was in the process of firing some pots.

I love shopping for art and this summer, Austin and I are going to shop for our anniversary gift. I have a feeling we might find something good when we are up in Bayfield for a wedding since there are lots of wonderful galleries in that little town. There's no rush, though, it's just got to be the right piece.

Etiquetes de comentaris: