dimarts, de maig 08, 2007

Beware the Mighty Sand Crabs!

Austin and I joined a bar league volleyball team that one of my students organized. Last night was a sort of "open court" event so we had the opportunity to practice together and assess the awesome strength of our combined forces. It was really funny that my student had put this together yet whenever the ball came to her, she literally ducked and covered, shrieking "oh my god!" So what I'm trying to say is that we are probably going to win this whole thing.

We also needed a name. This was challenging since the group is made up of my student and her husband, a psych prof, Sean and Angie, and the Lunderoys. There isn't really an underlying theme that unites us so, after much brainstorming, Austin came up with "the sand crabs" since we play in a giant sandbox. What a beautiful, powerful animal he had chosen! It was immediately embraced by all and then we even came up with our theme: "we come outta nowhere and we pinch you where it hurts." Plus we have even created a sort of pinching hand motion that we do to intimidate the opponents and to rally our team.

Goooooooooooo........ Sand Crabs!

Etiquetes de comentaris: