dimecres, de maig 02, 2007

New Member of Our (Subie) Family


Last week I ended up getting a new car! After lots of pondering and some looking, I had narrowed down my criteria: first it had to be all wheel drive, second it had to look cute, and third it had to be fun to drive. It all came together when (by chance) I saw a new Subaru Legacy at the grocery store. Austin then tracked one down in the year, color, and with the features I wanted and we were off to collect it.

The only thing is I had sworn that after the Paseo moved on, I was going to get a manual transmission. Well, I had to compromise a little on that since my new car is an auto (though it has regular auto, sport auto for "spirited" driving, and you can also manually shift gears though there is no manual clutch). The compromise is that there is a fun-to-drive, bright yellow manual available to me whenever I want so it worked out alright in the end.

I really, really love my new car and I'm still getting used to seeing it in the garage and the parking lot at work however I must pay my last respects to the Paseo (aka the Passé, the Peso, the Pisseo, etc.) I bought that car when I got my first job in Burnsville, MN as a Human Resources Coordinator. The Paseo was tiny, sporty, and in my modest price range. Some highlights of its time with me include a trip to Bluefin Bay to hang with Bad Z & co, a visit to graduate programs in Iowa, and several moves that involved filling it with boxes like a clown car.

I was surprisingly a little sad to see that black car go (doesn't the Buddha say that attachment to material possessions leads to pain and suffering? hmmm...) but as Austin astutely pointed out, having working heat and defrost alone were reason enough to upgrade, the litany of other "issues" not withstanding.

Anyway, I've moved on and I'm loving the Legacy. Spring sunshine and fresh breezes coming in through the moonroof can't be beat!

Etiquetes de comentaris:

1 Comments:

At 2:31 a. m., de maig 04, 2007, Blogger rhyan/djay said...

Getting a new car is always fun. I got my current car in 2003, and I think it'll be paid off this summer. I'm SO tempted to get a new car, but the prospect of not having a car payment is AWESOME.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home