dilluns, de juny 04, 2007

The Conference

The conference that I attended last week was Friday and Saturday but I left on Thursday to see some friends and run a few errands. First I had lunch with my cousin Lisa (whose wedding I'm in this September) and we met downtown Mpls. It was Thursday, Farmers Market day, so I enjoyed walking around and taking that in. I worked downtown the summer of 2004 so it brought back some memories of my escape from grad school and brief return to the corporate life :-)

That evening, I was able to go to my friend LeeAnne's dress fitting at Brides of France which was really fun and she looked amazing. Then we went to happy hour at Figlio. Ah, the days when I lived mere blocks from $2 wine and $2 gorgonzola fries... That evening, we had dinner on LeeAnne and Tom's terrace and then I crashed early to get up for the conference.

The conference itself was good and LeeAnne got to meet some of my colleagues after hearing me talk for a long time. At every session, I tried to find a possible dissertation topic among all the information and research. Second Language Acquisition and identity and culture acquisition came the closest in that little game of mine.

Friday night, LeeAnne's fiancé had plans so it was just the two of us like the good ol' days. I realized it might be the last time I hang out with LeeAnne for a while since the next time I see her will likely be at her wedding and then she'll be moving to Arizona. We did our usual cooking and sipping wine and just talking way too late.

I woke up a lot during the night and finally got up around 5:30 to get ready for the day. I was presenting with my colleagues at 8:00 so I wanted time to wake up, collect my thoughts, etc. The presentation went well and I stayed at the conference until about 2:00. Then it was home for anniversary stuff.

Etiquetes de comentaris: ,