dimecres, de maig 30, 2007

Wedding Gift- LundeRoy Stationers, Inc.



My friend Sharon asked each of her girlfriends to contribute to a part of her wedding as our gift to her instead of doing the registry thing (which she had already done for her first wedding to her late husband). I would have gone right for the bouquet but it was "taken" so I chose to do her invitations.

Austin and I spent a good part of Memorial Day working on them and I think they turned out really well, especially considering that we are not the scrapbook-y, crafty types (though I like to think we are somewhat creative). Since there are three layers, we had to cut each sheet and then attach them. This is an area that in which I am very, very weak. Geometric and spatial skills just kill me and it felt like that part of my brain was completely missing. Austin had great diagrams/blueprints with measurements and layout and he saved the day. He also freehand attached each sheet after I applied the adhesive, boasting a sixteenth of an inch margin of error ("margin", HAR HAR!).


I think they look better in person than in the pics. For example, the flash made the middle layer look too white compared to the buttery top sheet. I wish I had made the font a point bigger and should have had less white space on the top and bottom of the copy but OH WELL. I think Sharon and Matt will enjoy them and it was definitely one of the most thoughtful wedding gifts I have ever contributed to.

Etiquetes de comentaris: