diumenge, de novembre 26, 2006

Thanksgiving Success

Iron Chef Lundeby

Thanksgiving chez nous went spectacularly well and Austin and I enjoyed every minute of hosting it. The side dishes turned out well and the brined bird truly did take center stage. I even ate some of it and I rarely touch poultry of any kind. Austin and I had done enough prep before the main even that everything went smoothly and the process of cooking for our family was quite enjoyable.

The next day, my mom baked a stuffed French toast casserole that we topped with berries-- sweet overload. Austin has a sweet tooth but it was at my limit, very good but very rich. It was nice to have it all ready to throw into the oven.

The oven was really the only source of a minor snag; we had been intending to clean it for ages but never got around to it. Roasting the bird at 500 degrees resulted in quite a bit of smoke and at breakfast, the oven was still disagreeable. I think the oven's hygiene needs to be addressed in the near future.

After breakfast and visiting, Austin and I headed to his parents' on Friday. I was able to visit with some friends for a bit and then on Saturday, it was T-day 2. It was nice to see the extended fam again and continue to eat whatever happened to be in our line of sight, hungry or not.

Now it's Sunday, ugh, Sunday, and I'll be spending most of the day working on a presentation for my SLA class and possibly grading exams if I have time. Then it's a five day work week, what's with that? I was already used to the three day week...

1 Comments:

At 10:00 a. m., de novembre 28, 2006, Blogger CorgiDad said...

Congrats on the T-Day meal. We were wondering if we would get to take over the T-day duties pretty soon, but my mom made an impressive spread this year, so I guess we may have to wait!

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home