dimarts, de novembre 21, 2006

Weekend Recap

Friday, I met LeeAnne for dinner in Hudson. We actually started out meeting at a coffee shop and just catching up on everything. I gave L her belated birthday presents and some of my old bridal magazines so we paged through those, mostly making fun of the hideousness that you can find in such mags.

We headed to dinner at The Twisted Grille and decided to order one appetizer, entree, and dessert and split it. We had delicious ceviche followed by a seafood stew in a coconut lime sauce and then had some sort of flourless chocolate delight for dessert. The ambience was also quite nice; lime green walls and lots of spiraly metal sculptures. We sat upstairs so we had a view of the very cute downtown Hudson, with all the Christmas lights up and people bustling around. All in all, very satisfying.

On Saturday, Austin and I worked really hard to clean up our house for the upcoming Thanksgiving event. We had been quite neglectful of general upkeep and that's why it was rather time-consuming. Now the place looks great and I wonder why we don't maintain it that way more often; it's so much nicer to sit and grade or read or just relax when the clutter is gone. Of course it has everything to do with time, work stress, etc, but we're going to try to keep it in better shape.

Saturday night, we saw "Borat" and I was disappointed. I had seen clips of him from something other than the movie and actually found those more interesting. Having an underlying plot actually bothered me and seemed too contrived. Anyway. Dinner at the tepanyaki/hibachi place was outstanding as always and I had a cute little cocktail with an umberella, always fabulous.

Then Austin and I came home and had a little wine and planned our future travels. It was one of those perfect conversations where you get so excited about sharing a life with someone who has so much in common with you yet is different enough to challenge you and keep it interesting.

Oh, and then the travels involved driving around looking for a Wii. He didn't get one, of course, and was seriously mopey and mournful the whole next morning.

Besides Austin being a bit dejected, I got my usual "Sunday Syndrome" where I started thinking of everything I had to do and how it would never get done in time and got so overwhelmed that for awhile, I just sort of sat around and stared into space. Then I got up and did more cleaning which helped get me going and made me feel productive enough to wrap up other loose ends.

It was our last weekend at home for awhile and it was wonderful.