dissabte, de juny 09, 2007

Spanish Food

Yesterday afternoon, when I was dealing with my bout of nostalgia, I decided to make some classic Spanish food. I had time and even though we were planning on doing something easy for dinner, I knew this was it. I ran to the grocery store and got the items for a tortilla, tomato bread, and a Catalan dessert.

Using the recipes from our awesome cooking class in Barcelona, I put together a perfect tortilla! Perfect! I was so happy; I think all the recipes that I had tried from my Spanish cookbooks were far too complicated.

perfect tortilla!

The tortilla smells sooooooo good while cooking; Austin said he could smell it when he got out of his car.

To add to our startchy meal, Austin made the pan con tomate. We used some fruity Spanish olive oil and added minced garlic, then grilled it in our toaster oven and rubbed it with tomato. So, so good.

Pan con tomate and tortilla

I once read somewhere that the tomato bread is the essence of what a pizza should be.

For dessert, I had made crema catalana. Every country has one of these-- creme brulée in France, flan in Spain, and this is the Catalan interpretation. It's milk, egg yolks, sugar, lemon, cinnamon, and vanilla.

crema catalana

It was easy to make and delightful to eat.

Etiquetes de comentaris: ,

1 Comments:

At 11:09 a. m., de juny 09, 2007, Blogger Elizabeth said...

That looks soooooooooooooooooo good. Every time I try to make the tortilla, when I go to flip it, it dies. Then I have delicious tortilla crumbles instead.

 

Publica un comentari a l'entrada

<< Home