dimecres, de juny 20, 2007

Updates

It's been awhile since I've posted. Since I've started working part time at The Office, I've been really busy because I've also got some side projects with the university going on.

I also took a little time to go Up North to visit my parents. My mom and I went out to Red Oak Studio to have a painting by my Grampa framed. Roger, the framer (framist?) is an amazing artist who makes everything an aesthetic delight with just the right frame, mat, etc. He did all of our honeymoon art and we were entirely pleased. I can't wait to see how my Grampa original turns out.

My mom and I also went to a pottery place and to some little shops in my hometown. I went back to the craft store where I worked and while lots had changed, it was like walking back 10 years in time (in a good way).

Austin and I ran some errands over the weekend. Among them, I had to stop at the ATM that's in the bank drive-through. I deposited a check and then decided to get cash too. I was so intent on getting my receipt and changing some settings that I forgot my cash! A car behind me on the street was honking and waving like mad. A woman had noticed and sent her teenage daughter to get my money for me. The young lady came running across the parking lot with my $40 and I hugged the sweetie for her efforts! They probably thought I was crazy and I definitely felt that way after leaving my cash but I was touched at the honesty and thoughtfulness of their act. It also made up for the fact that someone in a giant black SUV, talking on a cellphone, had just cut me off and given ME the finger. I'm quick to focus on such negative instances but lots of nice things like the ATM People also happen too.

Etiquetes de comentaris: , , ,